- 6 large russet (baking) potatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain, then set aside until cool. Once cool, cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- Combine the potatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onion in a mixing bowl. Drizzle in the vegetable oil, and gently stir until evenly coated. Spoon the mixture into resealable freezer bags. Store the mixture in the freezer.
- To prepare, cook the frozen mixture in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crispy and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.